Thursday, June 28, 2012

May Glymm Box

Omg I'm such a horrible blogger!! Gahhh, school absolutely took me by the storm and I had no time to do any blogging and I also took spring courses and with a new part-time job I've been SO behind.
I was going to post up a YT vid for April but it wasn't loading onto my computer from my memory card so I didn't do it. I thought I would be able to type up a post but I wasn't and I can't even remember where I put the items. If I can find it I'll post up the delayed post of it. And for May, I will do it right now. I guess in a sense, I don't really have followers so it makes me feel a bit better. As in, I'm not letting anyone down :P HAHA Okay here's my May Glymm!
These are the goodies I got for the month of May


Starting in the May Glymm, they actually decided to be more environmental friendly and instead of sending us our sample in a box in a box (yes this was intended), it was a bag in a box! So now I have more little cases for me to put my make up items in! This month my bag was a bright pink.


CK Shock For Her Eau De Toilette. Sample size: 35 sprays; Full size: 50 mL for $45.00

I also received the male version which I was planning to give to my boyfriend, but my brother took it LOL. I actually quite like this scent. It's a sweet smell (which I don't mind for the summer time) and it really makes me feel like summer is here! I would buy this in full size if I am looking for a new perfume!


Coola Mineral Matte Cucumber Face Sunscreen. Sample size: up to 4 uses; Full size: 50 mL for $36.00

Okay so THIS is actually what prompted me to blog again. I used it today because it's SO hot outside (22 degrees celcius which for my city is pretty darn hot) and I've never used a sunscreen that is specific for my face before. I thought I'd try it out. I don't know about the whole cucumber thing and what it should do but.... it comes out white and when I rubbed it on my face it was PURPLE.

I took a picture of my face which can be seen here: CLICK HERE TO SEE A PURPLEY FACE I don't want to post it up as an image cause I don't want to scare people. haha I must have rubbed it in for a good minute or two and it was still pretty purple and then I saw that it said "perfect primer" so I put my makeup on and it was A-okay again. My question is this..... what if I'm not a make-up person? Then my face would be a tinge of purple.. It sort of reminds me of the purple sunscreen I had as a kid but it turned into a white and blended into your skin. Anyways... that's what it is.
The consistency was like a normal sunscreen, it did NOT have a smell which is a bonus point. However, as I was massaging it into my skin it really felt like a primer, where it feels like you're putting a layer on top of your skin as opposed to having it sink in. Is it a buy? I'm not sure, but man the purple-ness scared me into blogging.


NuMe HydroPunch Hydrating Conditioner. Sample size: up to 4 uses; Full size: 250 mL for $24.99

I haven't used this yet because I hate using separate shampoos and conditioners. (there's a tidbit about me :P) Only thing I can say about it is that it smells decent and it's supposed to help with dry/damaged hair. C'mon Glymm, send sample of shampoo and conditioner like last time!


Mèreadesso Lip Treats. Sample size: up to 3 months; Full size: package of 2 for $28.00

I love how it tells me it's a sample size but really it's because it's 1 instead of 2. The shade I got was the burgundy one. It was either that or a lighter pink colour (as seen on the pamphlet) or a sheer one that is just moisturizing.
I actually really liked this one. I used it quite a bit, goes on SUPER smooth, colour is sheer (so not like a lipstick). Wears really well in my experience, and has a fruity smell to it. I would definitely buy this again !! Maybe I'll try out the pink colour...


Caudalie Crushed Cabernet Scrub. Sample size(60 grams): up to 3 uses; Full size: 150 grams for $29.00

Unfortunately, I have not used this yet. I've been dying to try Caudalie stuff cause I've heard it's amazing but I honestly haven't had the time to exfoliate my face. I generally like to do that at night but I've been so tired when I get home from work I just don't. I hopefully will in the next few weeks. I do love the packaging it comes in, which creates an airtight seal. The smell of it (just from the jar) is not very appealing to me. It looks like a super harsh scrub so I hope it won't irritate my face.
ETA: FAIL. I just googled how to use this and it turns out it's a body scrub. Will definitely use it today when I shower!

Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum. Sample size(1ml): up to 3 uses; Full size: 30 mL for $48.00 and Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet. Sample size(1 ml): up to 3 uses; full size: 40 mL for $38.00

Again I have not used this yet. I honestly don't see how this little package would last me 3 uses.. You are supposed to use them together. The SOS first then the sorbet. I'll probably try it out this weekend. The SOS is supposed to give "your skin a surge of hydration" and then the sorbet is the moisturizer. So it's a double whammy for moisture for your face! Perhaps I'll be able to blog about it once I use it!

Ok that is all for my May Glymm. I realize this is a super long post, and I feel like all my posts will be like this. I will be posting the June Glymm box AND the TopBox hopefully sometime this week so that I can be all caught up!

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment