Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 10


*YAY FINALLY GOT WIFI :) and it's fast! time to upload day 9 - 13*

Hi!! :) Still no internet access. Going to Malaysia tomorrow and hopefully my hotel will give us some free wifi somewhere :P HAHA

Woke up today and got ready and went to eat breakfast in the hotel. It was a buffet breakfast. There wasn't TOO much to choose from. Most of the stuff was pretty good though IMO :)

Here's a picture of the Singapore Port!

It used to be number 1 until last year and now Shanghai is number 1. It's so big!! Definitely not used to it being from Alberta :P

We went to a jewelry store where they tried to sell us stuff (like usual) but like... the price was basically for the pendant because the chain comes “free”, The chain is silver and the pendant is gold with the stone. It wasn't really worth it in my opinion. I didn't like the styles either, very plain and no style. Some people did end up buying stuff though.

We went to Mount Faber to see another one of the merlions. (total = 5) 

Took me forever to get a picture of it without anyone because there were SO many tour groups hahah

The Singapore national flower is the orchid. 


Afterwards, we went to a medicated oil showroom where they again tried to sell us stuff... lol. Then we ate lunch at Seoul Garden at Takashimaya. It was so cool! It's a hotpot / bbq thing in one! Since it was a buffet, we just had to line up and get the food!












I saw lucky stars and was like “OMG XX!!!” So I got some, it wasn't that good :( LOL it tasted sort of old. Ice cream was SO good.

We were given 3 hours to shop and so we went to Watsons!! woo hoo. I bought the acne clear spot treatment. It was the one that Shu An showed in her “Tried and Tested”..... I think. I bought it based on my memory and since I have no internet, I can't even check it!

I wanted to walk down Orchard St after but it started raining super hard and so my parents, aunt and I went to Ion orchard. On our way there through the underground passage, we went and got some buns from Bread Talk. Unfortunately they ate it before I could grab a picture. I also bought some gummies for a little special someone ;)

After this, we went to Sentosa to see yet another Merlion (the biggest one!), a wax museum and a watershow. I had to get creative with some of these animal statues LOL!! 



The Merlion is SO effin' cute!!! I wish they had a plushie that looked like that. We then went to watch a Merlion show. Or well it was a little cartoon explaining the history of Merlion and how it came to be Singapore's animal! We were given a coin when we entered this place which is used to claim a prize. After the cartoon, you exit the theater and there's a couple of stands that have 3 merlion heads each; what you do is you “feed” it your coin and a card pops out telling you you've won something.







The two prizes are either a hand fan or a folder. Most of us got a fan. When I think about it, it's probably more awesome if you got a folder because the folder could double up as a fan!! hahah

We also got to go up the Merlion statue itself and we took pictures of the view from the Merlion's head and the mouth. 


After this, we went to the wax museum. It's a museum that shows you the history of Singapore! I found it SO informative!! I read pretty much every single signage they had and so I lagged way behind everyone.. LOL nobody else knows English in our group, or at least only a few do and they probably don't care to read it :P I think wax museum's have come a long way since they started, cause you weren't allowed to interact much with them, but look! I was allowed to sit in the seat here hahaha! Hi wax man pulling me in your rickshaw 


Once we walked out of the gift shop, we were surprised by a peacock!! I don't really know why it was there but it was pretty cool. 


We then went and ate dinner. I believe it was an authentic Malay dinner. I'm not too sure though, and I have no idea what each food was called.

vegetables in soup with seaweed and fake crab. - I split it between us all and failed so bad at it. It was salty.



the sauce was kinda gross and the scallops dry



it was pretty good! I can't remember the sauce though....... not very memorable. Probably some sort of soy sauce. I think it was a fish cake sort of meat.



YUMS my fave.



it was pretty good but had a weird taste to it... almost like it was fake. It possibly was.



can't have a meal without egg (that's what we've come to the conclusion of) – good old egg!



not bad - unfortunately I have no idea what it is.

just typical fish in soy sauce that you usually get at Asian restaurants ;P

kinda flavourless and the chicken was dry. The potatoes were good though.



best part of the dish!


This is how they clean the table LOL!! They just throw everything onto that plastic cloth and clear the plates then wrap up the food and throw it out! Talk about efficient!

We went to watch a water and lights show. There were some sand carvings in the area where we were watching it. 


Panoramic shot of the “stage”.


I bought some chips LOL $3.20! So I didn't really know what to expect but I kind of expected it to be like the one we saw yesterday. But it was sorta lame story lol...... it was more of a kids show :P it had a bunch of teens (or adults?? not sure aahah it's the Asian thing man, never know how old they are) who were acting out to a pre-recorded show. LOL..... like they pretended it was them talking but I mean we're not fooled, you don't even have mics! Hahaha I think I would've enjoyed the story if I was like 6. I think by age 12 you would've found this show lame. The show itself, however, was pretty cool especially the end with fireworks! 

By the time we got back to the hotel it was 8:45 and Angie told us about some places we could eat some late night stuff. Newton's Circus or Gey Lang. But Gey Lang = not for the ladies unless we're in a big group. I'm pretty sure gey lang is a prostitute area isn't it?? LOL I'm not sure because I never actually googled it before but reading on XX's blog about how some men compared her and her friends to the girls there and how pissed off she was about it, one can only assume. Anyways, we decided we would go to Newton's circus. It was us foreigners (in our tour group there's a total of 10 of us) and a grandma/gramps with their 2 granddaughters. We ended up renting a car driver because we would've needed at least 3 taxis which would've been around $30 and renting the car was $40. We all made our way to Newton's circus. I had no idea what to expect because I thought it was a restaurant. Boy was I wrong! It was a huge square where they had a bunch of stalls. I believe there were 80 stalls. We went to stall 8, 61, 63 (for drinks) and 72 (?). From stall 8, we had roti. The roti itself was alright but the curry part was gross and watery. I wish they had satay sauce instead; that would've made it much better! From stall 61 and 72, we ordered the same protein to compare the tastes of each stall. This was the crafsih. I preferred the 72s. At 72 we also ordered some grilled butter prawn tails. At 61 we also ordered some SHELLFISH THING (I can't remember what they were called for the life of me..). At 65 (?) we got some mango salad which wasn't good at all. LOL. We also had a total of 5 500mL cans of Asahi beer and 4 big bottles of Tiger. It was a good night for sure!










messy table

missing the faces of 4 people in here LOL I so fail at taking photos.


Afterwards we came back and went to bed. Lol my dad had a little bit of my beer (which he and my mom thought I wouldn't finish or that I would get drunk off of or something *eyeroll) and when we got up to our floor he started walking the wrong way. Like omg.. lol speak for yourself!

Anyways, no new mosquito bites in Singapore :) Leaving for Malaysia tomorrow! Hopefully I can keep my mosquito bite count down :P

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment