Monday, June 17, 2013

DAY 1: YEG TO LAX

HELLO!! It's been so long but I don't know ... I just haven't been really good with blogging during the year BUT... I'm on vacation again so I figured I shall blog once again :)

So today (the 17th of June) I left YEG to go to LAX with my mom. We came here for a vacation obviously and to visit her friends from JHS/HS (can't remember which one) and it was really neat! We're staying at one of their houses.

anyways here is pic #1


I was kind of reluctant to take this pic hahah!


LOL airplane treats. got some ginger ale because I didn't feel too good (2hours of sleep so I felt nauseous)



after we landed we went to this place and had some dimsum. some of my pics ended up being blurry so I'm not posting those.






liu sha bao. so effing. good.. look at the next pic and look at everything oozing out. sooo delicious.


all the dishes were 1.58 or something and all of the things are the SAME PRICE. wtf, not like how in Edmonton there are different prices for different items.

they have a Daiso! too bad I couldn't find the things I wanted :( *hair towel turban & sock bun thing


cute little plaza shopping things and palm trees


Vietnamese goodies!


I got an iced coffee. We actually drove around the city looking for nuoc mia but the 2 places we went to were out!!! so I had to settle for this because otherwise I could've gotten rau ma which is sick and what everyone else got.


mother with rau ma.. lol ew.. hahah it must be an acquired taste. in English, it's called Pennywort haha. that doesn't sound appealing already right?!


this is where we went for that! we also bought some goodies but I didn't take any pics

We also ended up at a mall called Westfield. I think it's like a chain mall? I don't know the exact one we were at but it had the promenade there? (unless they all have one I'm not sure). There I had some Auntie Anne's !! (pics on phone) so good. I love me some pretzel dogs with cheese dip ... AND CHERRY COKE. boo yeah! Also just walked around didn't really buy much. I did end up getting something from Teavana, nom nom nom. 





AFTER, we went to eat dinner with the rest of my mom's old classmates at Nem Nuong.








UGH DOES THIS NOT LOOK DIVINE?? IT WAS SO DELICIOUS. I can usually eat banh beo all day err day but this.... damn. a whole nother world that's fo sho.



my sad roll LOL!!


SO CHEAP!! there were like 9 of us eating this!

After that we went to one of their houses to just chat. She has a LOT of flowers and cactus haha . pretty funny because we walked in and were all like "wow you have so many flowers" and then when we went around the corner... even more. !!


a rose

SHE ALSO HAS THEEE CUTEST  DOG EVER. A PUG. I can't remember his name but he's SO effing cute. I took many pics but this is my fave <3 He's only 3 months old.


Finally, we arrived to my mom's friends house and turns out she too has a dog!  Her name is Lulu and she is super old  like 13 years!! She's a chihuahua but obviously is mixed with something else because she sheds like cray and is definitely not chihuahua size (unless they come in this size!) super cute and friendly once she gets to know you. she's a little bit fat HAHA. I like playing with her.


such a lazy butt.



so my mom's friend convinced her to do this "exercise" thing where you aren't even exercising LOL!!! you just lie there and put your legs up on this machine and it'll vibrate and "move" your lower half... I tried it for 5 mins but it doesn't do much unless you actually engage your abs, then it's actually working something out. haha so odd. she did this for 30 mins.

Anyways that was it for day 1!! I totally wish I could get the other pics on here. Hopefully I will have time tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment