Wednesday, June 19, 2013

DAY 2: YEG TO LAX

Hello all!!!

Today is day 2 and pretty much all we did was go shopping :P My pics are on my phone from today's lunch where we ate pho at Pho So 1. Funny because Calgary has the same place.. I wonder if it's the same franchise?? Anyway I had posted day 1 just now and thus I can't get the pics off my phone which is unfortunate.








After we went to see my mom's friend's sister/mom.

THEN FINALLY OUTLET!!!!!!!!!!!! woohoo!!! I was probably the only one who was SUPER stoked.

This was our lunch at some random Italian place at their food court.



I didn't take pics OF the outlet stores because.. why would I?! hahaha ! I've also been getting a lot of pretzels and stuff lately... hahah mostly because we don't have em at home!


NOMS. I just got a reg salted one with Jalapeno Cheddar.

After all this shopping we went to Nordstrom Rack because I wanted to see if they had Toms, Minnetonkas and Birkenstocks. They didn't so I guess I'll have to head to Nordstrom itself. 

just an outfit I bought from Ann Taylor :) hehe I think it's so cute.

Then we went to my mom's friends other sisters house for a late dinner!



SO GOOD. Some chicken broth (made from scratch) with some chicken and noodles and some satay powder that's super yummy. very good


pickled green papaya  with some hoisin, hot sauce, red pepper flakes. also really good


finally some rice puffs!! haha I really enjoyed these as well. It had bits of pork floss throughout which gave it a bit of saltiness.


BAGS LOL I tried to get a pic of everything we got.

I got Fossil watches (one for me, one for Kerry) at $56 each because they were refurbished and it was BOGO 50%. I also bought a bunch of stuff from Ann Taylor !! Probably my new favourite store now. They had 50% off their whole factory store so I ended up spending 108 there on 3 tops, 1 maxi dress and 1 pair of crops. They are super cute and everything (minus the dress) will be perfect for IPT/APT :).I also bought some boat shoes from Bass. It was EXACTLY what I wanted from Sperry but Sperry doesn't sell this particular kind. AND Bass is super comfy AND it was only $40 since it was supposed to be 99 but there was a 60% off on it :) My mom bought two pairs of Clarks sandals. One was 24.99 and the other was 49.99? but we had 15% off with this brochure thing so she saved on her shoes. We also bought stuff from Michael Kors. Now there's a story to this which will be continued below... but we both bought a bag. Mine is a super cute , timeless tote which I now need to find a matching wallet for and my mom got a cute "clutch" or so. It's a smaller handbag really. It looks really cute hahah I can't stop saying cute... WHY?!?!?! anyhow we only ended up spending 260.... RIGHT?!?!? LOL!! K storytime.

SO with that brochure thing, because my mom's friend is an AAA member we can get discounts at certain stores. In the broschure, it said that we can get $25 off of $250 at MK. My bag was $199 and my mom's bag was $169 but was on clearance for 40% off which made it $101. Altogether our bags totalled $300 and so we went to pay. Prior to that we had asked my sales lady (who was amazing not because of whats to come but because she took really great care of us!!) if we can get the discount (we didn't even point it out to her) and she said yes! no matter what we bought. But at the register, the cashier said that we can't because my mom's bag is a clearance bag. We told her that's not what my SA said. The SA then convinced the cashier that indeed we are able to get the discount. The cashier then informed another manager (I'm guessing she is because she had the power to discount) and said that my SA claims that Kim said it was okay. That manager then asked my SA again and my SA insisted that Kim said yes. I'm guessing Kim is someone super important. Anyhow we paid (not really thinking much of the price) and when we left and looked over our bill, they actually gave us a 20% off discount!! Saving us a whooping $60 LOL!!! definitely a lot better than saving that measly $25 :P so that was really good.

Anyways!! that was it for day 2! Tomorrow, we will be heading to Universal & Huntington Library! Super exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment