Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 4

Hi ! :) Here's my post of the day.

I woke up relatively later today! Yay, I think it was maybe 5 am ? hahaha I laid in bed and went on the internet for a really long time. I finally went downstairs and had my breakfast/lunch. brunch. I got my aunt to go out and buy me a loaf of bread.

20 cents LOL

I ate it with our leftover nem nuong from yesterday. 


Also got to eat jack fruit and durian.

super sweet jack fruit

a teeny tiny durian

I went to my cousin's house after to go look at some jackfruit trees and starfruit trees LOL my aunt took me on her motorbike. Woohoo! hahah I look like a loser :( BUT I DON'T CARE LOL I WANTED A PIC.




Tomorrow, we are eating a bamboo shoot soup lol! I had it last time I was here and it was sooo good because it's fresh! and not the nasty canned ones we get at home.


Here's a picture of the jackfruit on the tree.


They are humongous....... here's a picture of me with it LOL


I also had a picture of me picking the starfruit off the tree but I look stupid so I'm not posting it but ... here's the starfruit! 



My parents said all these fruits are very common like our apple trees at home haha My cousin also bought us some bi in a package. I don't know what it's called.



 It was yummy! it's the same bi as they have in the pork on broken rice. it's pork skin with sliced pork in it and the package had rau ram (vietnamese coriander or Persicaria odorata) in it too. It was good! :D I have SO many mosquito bites and so I put asian oil on it and my dad decided to take a picture.

you can see my other bites on my other leg :( hhahah


Oh their house is by the river. My dad said it's a river that's been split off from the Mekong river. It's what they use to transport rice and such.  Look at how the front dips down from the weight, that is a lot of rice!!

These kids played in the water and like .. they jumped off this other boat and would swim and hang onto another boat etcetc. 

Ugh LOL the water is SO dirty,  I can't believe my bro & I swam in this way back when... hahaha

Tonight we had so huyet (cockles) for dinner! SO YUMMY :) :)
salt & pepper with some key limes squeezed into it
YUM :)

We went to this place maybe 5 minutes away and they have all this seafood there and you pick what you want and they'll weight it for you, cook it and then you take it home! I don't know how much this cost but it was really good despite the pool of oil underneath it. I also had ice cream at the place next door but I didn't bring my camera :( I might go back tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to snap a pic. The ice cream was 30 cents and had 4 little scoops with peanuts on top. durian, coconut, taro and la dua (pandan)! 

Then we went to go visit some family friends and relatives or something. I'm not sure. I feel like I'm related to everyone here cause everyone's my "cousin"... Walked by the place that used to be my home when I came back.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The internet cafe LOL

Seriously. I spent all my time here last time I was here. It was actually PACKED when we walked by and this was at 8 pm hahaha. Now I have an internet stick so I can go online in the comforts of my room :)

WAFFLES

Another of my faves that I always get every time I'm here. I like it fresh and there's a household across the street that makes it, however it's only at night time and lately I've been sleeping early so I haven't had the chance to get it. 2 for 15 cents :) They're SO yummy. They're crispy, slightly chewy with a hint of sesame taste.



Also another a night market. We didn't look at anything but that's what it looked like from the outside.


To end off this post with my bite count, I have one more on my knee, one more on my arm, and one on my calf.


Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment