Sunday, July 15, 2012

June Topbox

Hello!

This is my first post for my Topbox!!! Yay!! I was seriously so lucky to get the subscription for this. I got my subscription in Feb. I recall I was in my IMIN200 class frantically trying to get it while the site was going crazily slow since everyone was trying to get on and buy it! Very glad I got it because this first Topbox really blew me away!


Here is my Topbox with the eco friendly box!

Simple eye makeup remover. Sample size: 56 mL; Full size: 125 mL for $9.99

So I've actually tried using this already and I don't really like it. I used it after putting on the below sample mascara and honestly, I don't think it works that well. It is very non-irritating and doesn't burn/sting your eye at all. However, it didn't seem to take off that mascara very well. I still had smudges underneath my eyes and such. I haven't tried it with other make-up products yet. But for what I've tried, I would pass on buying it again. My Lancome Bi-Facil does a much better job.

Stila Forever Your Curl Mascara. Sample size: 3.5 mL; Full size: 7 mL for $29

I've used this a handful of times now so I can safely say my review is quite reputable. I don't like this!!! For an asian girl, I need my mascaras to dry pretty quickly (or be dry) because if it doesn't, the curl on my lashes will not hold. At the moment, I am using the Maybelline One-By-One Volumizing mascara and the MUFE smoky lash mascara and they're both very good. They're both a dry formula so I can sneeze right after and have no problems with it. A few times I tried it with JUST the Stila mascara and at least a minute or 2 after it still wasn't dry enough and still smudged onto my lids/lowerlash area. I will definitely not be purchasing this. Perhaps my current combo mascaras give me a high expectation of what I want from mascaras!


Deborah Lippmann Whatever Lola Wants. Full size: 15 mL for $20

HEHEHE! That is all. I'm going to point out that one of the forces that was telling me to get a Topbox was the fact that they had DL polishes to give away. I've always wanted one but I'm too cheap to pay for one for such a high price. I really like the formula and brush size, however it is a sheer shade so I'm assuming it should be used over a base colour. I will definitely be purchasing some DL polishes in the near future when I have enough spending money to part with. LOVE!! <3

Garnier BB Cream in Light.

This was a bonus product (as was the make up remover). There was a total of 3 in the box but I only took a pic of one because I actually used one package that day. I guess I have a small face but one package was WAY too much BB cream for me. I could use one package twice. It has a slight smell to it but it's not very off-putting. I really liked the coverage on it and the colour matched my skin tone very nicely. The only con for me is that it seems to act more like a tinted moisturizer as opposed to an actual BB cream. I *may* buy it in the future when I run out of my MissHa one.

Cover FX Clear Prep Matte Foundation Primer & Anti Acne Treament Gel. Sample size: 7 mL; Full size: 30 mL for $39

I haven't used this yet because I rarely use a primer for my makeup. My make up usually stays on pretty well without it. I just realized it says anti-acne on it so maybe I will have to try it tomorrow! I've been breaking out lately so maybe this will help combat that.

Mark. Gloss Gorgeous Stay on Lip Stain in Bella. Full size: 1.5 grams for $12

I haven't used this yet but the colour seems kind of dark. Not that I mind because it's quite a natural looking colour on me. I just haven't had the chance to try it out yet. I will probably try it tomorrow for work as well. Hopefully it can last me through the day and keep my lips looking coloured!


Sorry everything seems so jumbly but I am hastily writing this because I received my July Topbox the other day and I'm leaving for vacation in 6 days. I also lost the sheet that tells you what is in the box so I've been googling different blogs that wrote about their June Topbox and going off from the information there.


Anyways, thank you for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment