Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 5

Hi!

I woke up at 4 am today Lol , played some family feud on my itouch and waited till 530 ish to shower. I always shower with contacts in because you never know what could fall into the bucket of water.. LOL.

I couldn't decide between pho and com suon so I got both. ROFL.




Vietnamese donuts! It's deep fried (obviously) and it has caramel on top with sesame seeds. 2 for 10 cents.

This is the inside of it. It tastes like the sesame balls from the bakery.. jin deui HAHA. but it's a LOT chewier and stickier! It's really good though. The other one is filled with green bean but I was too full to try it out.

For lunch, we had some nem nuong, bi, ca kho, thit kho, nem and some bamboo shoot (from yesterday's pics) soup with pork tail.



My mom mixed this in ice and drank it. It was so sweet though. ICK. it's passionfruit.

So around 3pm ish so a few hours after lunch, I got hungry and asked for some banh beo! It's so different from home. The cake part is a bit more thicker but clearer and not so rice-y. The shrimp is obviously not the fake dehydrated stuff and they added some coconut milk and pickled carrots/daikons to it :) I liked the sweetness of the coconut milk mixed with the sourness of the nuoc mam! This cost 25 cents. hahaha I gave some to my dad though cause I only wanted to eat it as a snack.

At 5pm ish we went to this place called Vuon Co. There's like a LOT of storks that go there.

mother and I in front of the sign haha

walk way to the sanctuary


STORKS MAN. Black and white ones!!

here's a close-ish up picture of it.

My dad said that this place is all natural. Apparently one day they just all came and they just kept on coming. This kid that lives there told us that this is only 1/3 of the birds that come. Usually there's a lot more! Intense!!

We came home and then I went on the computer to watch some phillyd & advicefromjustin on youtube !! seriously check them out , they're pretty awesome :) I'm sure a lot of people know about phillyd and not a lot about advicefromjustin. He's this guy who's the husband of this other youtube-r I like to watch aprilathena7 :)  I actually think they're the cutest couple EVER and their videos always puts me in a good mood. Anyways then I decided I wanted ice cream haha but we didn't go back to the place from yesterday cause it was so late already. so we went to a place nearby and on our way there, I asked for those heart shaped waffles I had yesterday... then I decided I should probably eat dinner. So I got some bun bo hue.......... so good.

$1.25 :D

and then I got my ice cream. chocolate and vanilla!

30 cents :)

So tomorrow we are leaving for Saigon so we can attend my second cousin's wedding. YAY I get to see my cousin!! hahaha like my actual cousin. She stays in Saigon cause that's where her mom's family is and I have to stay here.. not in the capital. We bought some vietsubs for the travel to the city (again , it's that 5 hour drive)


I wanted sew mai so we got the vendor to put it in our bowl so that tomorrow I can just heat it up and put it in my bun. I don't know how much mine costed.. but my parents & aunt's costed about 40 cents each. Theirs has bbq pork in it.

So I love my blackberry right? I know this is sort of stupid to be praising it for but ...... I totally didn't touch it for the last few days I was here because I have no wifi and why would I need it since it's locked to Rogers? I only keep it with me so I know what time it is at home but since I've been on my laptop (with home time on it) I didn't need to keep checking it. Anyhow I just looked into my backpack (while packing) and I SAW IT ON. HAHA I thought it was dead!! But I guess I forgot that I had it programmed to shut off at 11pm and turn on at 7 am. So the last day I charged it was July22nd at 8 pm (but I only charged it til about 55% because I needed the outlet for my laptop) and today it's the 27th (on my phone) and it's currently at 24% . Now THAT'S impressive. I mean I know I wasn't actually using it so I *should* expect it to last me, especially since I have auto on/off set. But usually at home with moderate use I still get about 2 days usage out of my battery.

Also I think my wisdom teeth are bothering me :( or at least the one tooth on my right side... I think it's the cause. My tooth is hurting (on the top , not where the molar is but maybe half way in between) and it feels like something is pressured against it. :( SO SAD. Before I left the surgery place called and said they were booking into Sept, but I have school then so I was gonna wait until break. but UGH I don't know. I'll go see my doctor when I return.

ANYWAYS LOL talk about talking about nothing :P That is all for day 5

mosquito bite count only went up by one : in the inside of my thigh :(

Enjoy your day everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment