Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 3

Hello!
Today I once again woke up at 1 am... and then went online until it was time to eat. I was so hungry and totally regret not buying chips yesterday when I had the chance to. I had absolutely nothing to munch on :( I was gonna make some instant noodles but my family turns off all the gas and unplugs the microwave and stuff as a safety precaution and I have no idea how to replug the stuff.. LOL so my mom went and got me 2 pieces of almond roca (that we brought from home for them) ahhahaha.

Anyhow I don't know what time it was when we got to eat food. I think it was probably 530 I got up and we probably got food around 630. Seriously. I don't know why but waking up at 530 here is the same feeling as me waking up at home at noon. It's the same damn feeling LOL. For lunch today I got com suon and my mom got some offals with rice congee thing.

outside of my mom's food

mom's food


my com suon with eggs and some bi and some bbq pork? LOL 

I don't know how much my mom's dish was but mine was $1! woohoo. So yummy hahah

So my parents decided to go and colour their hair. We were gonna go to this place by the marketplace but the lady wasn't going to back till later today so we went to this other place. My dad told me that only guy hairdressers can do guy hair and women for women. But the place we were going to had a gay guy doing it so he could do both men and women! LOL such a weird thing. Anyhow, I decided to get my hair washed by them! :) 


I took a pic of with my nasty greasy hair before I left. lol I was telling my mom how my hair seems more voluminous due to the humidity and my mom said my hair looks shinier now. YAH ITS GREASE MOM.

On my way to the hairdresser place, I saw some cute chicks in a cage so I took a pic.


Also took a picture of a rooster.

Finally we are at the salon and this is what it looks like!

So my mom and dad got their hair coloured. I only took a pic of my mom getting it done.


Lol they put this neat little thing there to catch the colour ahha.  her colour costed about $7.50, my dad's was $3.50

gotta love how sensual that poster of that chick is.

Hair after my wash!! It was so awesome. He massaged my head and pressed on the pressure points on my head and definitely got a lot of the dead scalp skin off! LOVE LOVE LOVE. and he put some stuff in my hair and made it super soft. I think my mom is going to go buy some since she used it too. My hair smelled AMAZING. ALSO thank you hairdresser!!! <3 He also told me that my hair is falling out so much because I sleep too late and I need to eat more fish and vit B3. I've been wondering about it for long , but some person I used to know told me it was normal. Nice to know it's not and I can make changes in my life to change that problem!! My hair wash and style was $2.00 LOL

My cousin bought me some sweet potato .... sticks? I don't know what I should call them hahaha. here's a pic.



It's deep fried and I believe the outside is coated in honey (or at least something sweet) and some sesame seeds on the outside. Very yummy! not sure how much it was but good stuff.
ALSO while waiting for my parents to get their hair did, I was looking through some magazines and came across my faves.

OMG! HEHE Yonghwa , Nichkhun  & JOONGKI!! <3<3<3 my faves so cutes. hahahha. okay fine not my faves, but they're the only ones I knew in the mag LOL.

Kerry I took this for you because I know how much you love her.


Then we went to this Cafe Bonsai. I think their parents or something live in my neighbourhood. Some small world thing like that.


Some bonsai trees

some goose LOL. 

their dog

some fighting rooster

yum! fresh squeezed orange juice :) (this also marks the first time this trip I drank their ice LOL)

my failed attempt at taking a panoramic shot of a tall bonzai LOL

Then we came home for lunch :) 


everything here is fish.. lol. left: fish & pork in tofu, top: watercress soup with fish balls, bottom: eggs with fish, top right: deep fried fish, bottom right: fish cakes

SIGH I don't really like fish or seafood that much but I kinda have no choice LOL. They were all good but I didn't care much for the egg one or the cakes. The fried fish was sooo good, but maybe it's because it's fried.

fave fruit of all time: mangosteen!! <3

I also tried to eat some dragoneye.... but, I have such bad luck :( LOL I was about to eat one and I asked my dad if mine has worms in it (I always have such bad luck with that stuff) he said no probably not. I opened it and YES THERE WAS. SAD. Scarred so I didn't try again. I think 2 times ago when I was here (when I was in gr8) I had a rambutan that definitely had worms in it. I'm pretty sure I bit into it and I saw the worms. It was pretty sick. I didn't eat one for the longest time hahaha.

We then went to this place called Metro! It's similar to our costco :) I couldn't take pics inside in fear that I would get in trouble though ahha

This is where you have to put your bags LOL

This was all the stuff we bought. In total it cost $25. Got some Biore strips & Fanta & Milo & a face mask for me. My parents bought some notebooks, some steamer things and a cutting board. Cherries were to let my aunt try them out. I'm pretty sure that was the most expensive part of the whole haul. LOL I think the cherries were like $10. My aunt bought soap.

On our way back, we stopped to eat something. I'm not sure what time it was so I don't know if it classifies as dinner. But omg it was so good.

We had 2 plates of the spring rolls, 2 plates of the banh xeo and 2 plates of the nem nuong. 3 7-ups, and 3 ice coffees. In total the cost was about $20 something. 






THEN we stopped by their night market ! Apparently it's a new thing they're having. I think it's 2 years old now.

They don't really have much to sell. Mostly just shoes and clothes. Nothing that really interests me.

No pics of the shoes tho :( my dad didn't take any.

Here's some fish getting roasted over an open fire. 

and finally last pic is of the harbour area. or whatever it's called haha it's by the waterside. I again tried a panoramic shot.


Then I came home and passed out LOL so that is all for day 3!

End of day 3. I have 3 more bites near my left shin, one on my butt, one on the back of each calf and another on my arm. 

Thanks for reading ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment