Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 6

Hello! I'm typing this with 5 hours of sleep ......... I'm dying. literally. I woke up at 130 after sleeping  at 10 , and it's now 10 pm again. I'm seriously about to pass out. But I need to get my post done and out soon since tomorrow is the wedding.

Woke up and went to take the car/van thing to go to the city. It was a long 4 hour ride, but it was a short ride.

Once I got to the city, I went to my uncle's place and GOT ME SOME BOT CHIEN. aww yeah! ahhaah


Not sure how much it was because it was bought for me. Then we went to Saigon Tourist to have a "meeting" about our tour. Such a gong show LOL my cousin's aunt (on her mom's side) told me it would be in English but it was definitely not.. hahaha

Here's a pic of the agency though! it's so nice :P



After that we went across the street  to...

vincom center!! 

It's a shopping mall basically. It has most of our stores like Gap and Nine West... I didn't try to take pics of the stores cause whatever BUT I did take a picture of this LOL


 ;)

Anyways we just walked around the mall and didn't find much but the smell of waffles was SO strong that my cousin & I decided we wanted ice cream LOL.

Buds ice cream of San Fran! haha 

I think I had this the last time I came .... not sure. It's definitely NOT as cheap as outside (obviously) as it's a chain eatery.

my cookies & cream and lava brownie

vivian's cookies & cream and chocolate chip cookie dough

my mom & lien's almond mocha 

my dad & my aunt's sundae (this one is the blueberry one for my aunt, my dad had strawberry)

Altogether it cost us like $17 LOL. It wasn't even the best ice cream either, but you know, I wanted to try this stuff out!

There was this bakery right next door that had all these cute cakes !! I only managed to take a picture of one though.



They also had a place that made things out of chocolate and look!  a Chinese chess thing made out of chocolate!! hahaha


We decided to eat lunch and ate at Pho 24. It's also a chain restaurant (similar to our Pho Hoa) and it wasn't good. Please never eat here. hahaha

my parent's pho dac biet

mine & vivian's & lien's pho tai LOL vivian & i shared one and lien had her own

my aunt's yang zhou fried rice

our platter that had nem nuong (bottom), 2 salad rolls (top), 2 rolls cut in half of bi (middle) and some rice paper, lettuce and noodles to wrap the stuff in.

Overall, in my opinion it wasn't good AT ALL. The pho had almost NO meat flavour in the broth what-so-ever and it tasted a little sour too. sick. The nem nuong tasted fish like... which is gross. but I liked the salad rolls.

Later I went out with lien, vivian and jun (lol I dont know how to romanize her name). We went to another mall which name I forgot but I'll edit this out later with the name. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me :( It had a lot of vintage-y looking stores! We also ate Lotteria which is kind of like McD's but not as good. LOL We had fries and a drink and lien had a burger.

Next we went back to their house and vivian & I got our nails done! Wooohoo

I don't know how much just the mani was but my mani, and vivian's mani and pedi together costed $4.25 LOL

So after we checked into our hotel (which is also the hotel that we're attending the wedding at), we went to eat dinner. We went to eat bo 7 mon, which is 7 courses of beef.

some veggies and nem

soda chanh

beef strips with some peanuts . very yummy

I have no idea what all this stuff is but this is 4/7 meat dishes. The stuff on the very left is SO good and it tastes like the inside of a spring roll LOL. The top one was like a meatball. I didn't get to try the middle one and the bottom one was gross. It had a weird curry-like taste to it.

the raw beef to be cooked in the congee

congee

fried rice that my cousins wanted

SPRING ROLLS. SO GOOD, the wrap is very very thin but crispy. Just so yummy!

flan for dessert. It wasn't that great. It was a lot harder than I'm used to (what my mom makes at home) and so I didn't like it.

My cousin came over to my room after to watch the olympics LOL. I was trying to type up this post while he was here but the internet was SO laggy and I couldn't upload my pics in a quick manner. So I gave up and now I'm posting this a day late ahahah hopefully I can post Day 7 up as well before I sleep tonight.

Mosquito bites end of day 6 . I got 4. One on my leg, and 3 on my toes. HORRIBLE. they HURT. I have one on my right big toe RIGHT by the cuticle... I don't even know how the eff it got there. and then I have two on my 2nd toe on my left foot... one right between the cuticle & first knuckle and one on the side of it closest to the 3rd toe. SERIOUSLY MOSQUITOES. STOP. :( 

Thank you for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment