Thursday, July 5, 2012

La Fresh Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover REVIEW

Okay so I have finally used this (got my fake nails off the other day and now I need to change my colour).
WTF. LOL that is all. I did not like this at all!!!

Yes it smelled good, however it took FOREVER for a single nail to be cleaned of polish. What I had on my nails was some Witchcraft Nail Hardener, 2 coats of Deborah Lippmann's Whatever Lola Wants (from my Topbox) and 1 coat of my China Glaze Fast Foward Top Coat.

First of all, it took me approximately 2 minutes for a single nail to be polish free (I know this because I was simultaneously watching a youtube video) and the pad felt greasy. I understand that it's supposed to clean and condition your nails, but to me, it felt like I was just greasing up my nails. I didn't even bother finishing cleaning up my nails with it. I did 4 nails and switched over to my Quo strengthening nail polish remover.

A speculation I have about how crappy this was is maybe that it's acetone-free so it doesn't readily dissolve nail polish like acetone- based polish remover.

Yes acetone is bad for you but in my opinion, for the convenience and time of the removal with an acetone remover outweighs the bad of it.

Such a short review because I don't really have much to say about it other than I didn't like it :(


EDITTING THIS REVIEW okay so I used the 2nd pad I have because I stupidly left my nail polish remover open and so it evaporated. I gave this another chance and REALLY like it. Maybe it was because of the polish? I used China Glaze instead of my Deborah Lippmann for colour so that may have been a real why. I find China Glaze polishes a lot easier to take off in general. The smell is still really nice! and it cleaned up my nails a lot better now. I can now say I will probably buy this again! I don't really know what else to say other than it may have been the polish formula I was using.

No comments:

Post a Comment