Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 11


Hi! I had wifi on this day, however it was super slow despite being “high speed”. So I was only able to upload day 9 and I'm now typing day 11 on open office again because we're at a new hotel which doesn't have wifi. I hope TOMORROW I will finally have wifi again and be able to post all of these blog posts.

It's our last day in Singapore and we had our breakfast buffet again. I don't know why the eff my dad insists us on going there RIGHT when breakfast starts because nothing is even out yet! My plate reflects that. 

FTR their ketchup tastes weird here LOL

Today we went to the Jurong Bird Park. I tried to take a picture of the actual sign on the way out but I failed miserably at it :( But here's a pic of our ticket!


It's basically an exotic bird park. There were 
pelicans

penguins

flamingos

parrots
...and many more.
Look at this pro camwhoring skills LOL 

After we were given time to take pictures, we went and watched a bird show! It was super hot outside so I went and got an ice cream bar, or rather, a fruit bar. This was lychee flavoured! SO GOOD. 



This was the stage for the bird show





The birds did many impressive stunts like flying through hoops, catching fish in mid air, grabbing stuff from an audience member and many more! Two of the best performances, in my opinion, was the talking/singing parrot that could count in Chinese and sing happy birthday as well as the two parrots (one for each side of the audience) who played a game against one another (taking balls on the side of a table and putting it into their respective holes in a cylinder in the middle of the table). My side lost :( LOL TWICE. Not just once but twice (cause we demanded a rematch hahaha) it was pretty funny though!

Next, we had lunch, which is good because I was STARVING. We ate at Yun Nan View Restaurant. 

was too full to eat this :P

egg and spinach soup! yummy

celery and mushroom 

chicken with jicama and onions - good but peppery :(

fake fish balls and taro fish balls – the former was disgusting and the latter was good!


 \
Fish – SO GOOD LOL. We finished it (which our table usually does not) and there were no bones in it either.



Tofu with meat – again did not try because I do not care for tofu



oranges were super sweet!!

Sad. We got tissue but look at what other non-tour tables get.



Since our tour guide didn't have a passport she couldn't come with us to Malaysia! :( so it was goodbye to her.



This was something cool I noticed that we should also get in Edmonton if possible.

It says on there (if you can't see cause I took it kind of far away) “Travel time now to” and then it shows where and how long it'll take given the traffic. Isn't that so awesome?! I think it'd be SO helpful during rush hours and CONSTRUCTION SEASON which is ALL THE TIME.

Here's us approaching customs. Of course we can't take pictures inside it. So here's us after the fact on our way to Malaysia. This is the bridge we took to cross the water.



During our rest stop, I got some BR LOL!! <3

got a cookies & cream and chocolate chip cookie dough 2 scoop ice cream cup. It cost 14 RM which is about 5 CAD.
Then we went to a temple and we walked by these durians! 

SO CUTE right?! So small haha

This is the Melaka river. 

I think this is old times square or something similar to that. I wish I could remember but the name slips my mind. Here's a fountain in the middle

a clock

Some orchids growing freely on a tree!

a church
 LOOK LOL

They had a DIY cotton candy machine!! I love making my own cotton candy :) Not like I've had much of a chance (only had the opportunity to do so during JHS for mandarin grad fund-raising) anyways, what you do is you give the staff 4 RM (~1.30 CAD) and they give you a token. You pick your flavour, pour the sugar in the middle, insert your coin and spin away! It was pretty fun :P HAHA I felt like a kid again, especially with the hot weather.

ON THAT NOTE, THIS is how humid it is in Malaysia. 
 It's so humid there that my cotton candy started to recrystalize due to the moisture in the air.

This is the hotel we stayed at. Hatten Hotel.


It was beautiful inside. 






We ate dinner at Long Hua restaurant. The tissues were like plasticy feeling..... LOL so weird. I used it to blot my face and it worked beautifully!



yu choi - soo good

mushrooms and veggies - YUMS LOVES Chinese mushrooms !

ong choi - MY FAVE :D

shrimp - I don't like eating shrimp ahhaha so I didn't eat this

pork thing NASTIEST THING I'VE EVER PUT IN MY MOUTH LOL. It was super soft fat with very very little meat and gross sauce. It was so nasty.


Tofu egg thing LOL I thought it was egg for the longest time but it's tofu that is egg flavoured!! Or rather that's what it tasted it. Maybe the outer part of the tofu was egg coated. Nevertheless neither the tofu flavour nor texture came through the dish so I ate a lot of it :P



fish – it was very good ! The meat was smooth and the skin was thin.



Soup – dong gwa with hong jo and chicken feet.



watermelon!


THIS was the most we've ever finished at our table so I decided to take a picture :P

We then all went out to the mall that was across the street from our hotel. There was a Tutti Frutti!!! Omg :O I saw one in Singapore too but I was unable to snap a picture.


LOL @ these coffee tumblers. 

I particularly liked the 2nd one.

A few of us also bought some bubble tea from Chatime. I got a chocolate hazelnut milk tea with sago and my parents got a red bean milk tea.



In the mall, there was a LOT of bulk candy/snacks stores and kiosks. I bought some soy peas which I love eating. I only got one scoop though because my dad said he didn't like it and then he went and ate some of it!! grr! LOL I also got a cute top but I wasn't allowed to try it on.

Finally, we got some Mcds! HAHA I got a double cheeseburger meal and a co-traveller got a sundae so we were able to get a London 2012 cup. Mine was green. The meal was so cheap. It cost about $3 CAD.


That is all for day 11 :) 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment