Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 19

Alright! Day 19 is today :)

Today we go on another tour to Phu Quoc which is an island in Vietnam. So to get there we have to take a boat and so prior to that we went to eat lunch. We ate at Nha Hang Hoa Giang.


lettuce with onions in an italian dressing - pretty good!

deep fried fish - SO GOOD. I actually ate this :P

spring rolls - I didn't care for it. inside had like fake crab meat,pork sausage and 2 other things I couldn't identify. I hate it when they put fake stuff in there :S

soup. I didn't like it. I don't even know everything in it,  everyone else at the table liked it though

ong choi - MY FAVE . of course I loved it and ate half the plate :)

some type of curried chicken with lemongrass flavouring. - eccck. I like lemongrass flavouring but it was way too overpowering in this dish! My mom liked it though.

This dog kept on trying to get us to give it food.. LOL . I don't know why the pictures aren't turned the correct way though....... at any rate, someone else from another table gave it a bone and holy, it ATE the bone. I don't think dogs are supposed to... are they?? no idea. I don't own a dog.

After lunch, we went on the boat that would take us to Phu Quoc.



The ride was about 2.5 hours long. I usually don't get sea sickness anymore (I did as a kid) and so I didn't think to take gravol. However at the 2 hour mark I started feeling a bit sick and hungry, so I went and bought some mentos. 

took this pic on day 21 because I ate it all before I could on the 19th day LOL. but it's basically the same.
cost: 25cents

Pretty cool mentos they have! Shows 5 flavours and at each segment is where the new flavour starts :P no more guessing game!

Once we arrived we went and looked at some boats on the water. My dad was looking for one that looked like the boat he took when he left Vietnam lol.

pictures of boats

So obviously since we're by the waters, there was a lot of seafood to be purchased. I've never seen this in real life before .. or least living ones.........
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
seahorses!! LOL

so crazy. There was a tank with little ones too but you can't really tell in pics ahah they just look like black dots.

Anyways so we went to this place to eat lunch (on our money) and so we got 1 kg of crab and 0.5 kg of abalone , 2 cans of 7 up , 2 soda chanh and 1 coconut juice. *didn't take pics of the 7up or soda chanh lol pointless to :P*

crabs

abalone

coconut juice

our 6 cooked crabs. I believe they were cooked with onions, possibly garlic?

sauce for dipping

16 abalone!! These were grilled and topped off with peanuts

As I've said many times before I really dislike seafood... but holy this was delicious. I ate a whole crab by myself and 3 abalone pieces! pat on my back please!!! It was SO good and SO fresh. OMG love love love . The best part was the cost of the food and drinks + 2 wet naps = $25. FOR THAT PRICE YOU CAN'T BE BEAT!! <3 It was so good. :) I will have to get the name of the place to post up on here.

Afterwards, we went to a place that had a lot of waterfalls and rocks and trees! It's called suoi chanh.

lol looking like a beast :(


After this we went to the pepper farms! Phu Quoc is famous for it's peppers. Once we got out of the car, we saw some papaya trees so I had to take pics of those LOL 


Isn't it cool? LOL I think so since we don't have them at home :) anyways.. to cooler plants... the pepper ones!

peppers hanging on the plant

rows and rows of pepper plants!!

My mom bought 2 bags of white pepper (0.5 kg each) for $7.50 each. 

Then we went to eat dinner. 


another hot pot thing :P

I don't know why it's sideways!! I rotated it on my comp & everything -___-" 

squid with cucumbers. I assume the pepper is from their pepper farms ;)

MY FAVE LIKE ALWAYS. ong choi <3<3

ca kho - fish .. lol I hate the type of fish they use in this dish because it always has so many bones!!

rambutan! yum yum yum
At night time, we decided to go visit the night market here!
It was mostly seafood that they would cook for you, lots of pearls stuff (not sure if they're all real though!!), shoes and a little bit of clothes. Mostly food :P too bad we were full from dinner to try any of it!



shrimp as large as my hand! LOL

ice cream LOL it wasn't that great :(


shoes for sale anyone ? LOL

so it was super hot and humid despite it being late at night so we ended up getting some sam bo luong, I got a che dau xanh and my mom got a nuoc mia (but I didn't take a picture of hers).

my che dau xanh!

sam bo luong

the price list and the place LOL

sapodilla

I definitely had to google the name of that fruit LOL. Everyone calls it samboche but that is not what wiki calls it hahaha :P anyways it was 50 cents for all of them. I ate them at home before but we haven't eaten them yet... I don't think they're ripe. Perhaps they will be when we get back to my grandmas :)

Anyways! that's it for day 19 ;) Tomorrow we head to the beach!

Thanks for reading :D




No comments:

Post a Comment