Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 14

Hello! :) Day 14!

My dad took a picture of our pool from my room.

so pretty right?! I was gonna go with a girl from the tour group but then TOM had to show up and ruin everything LOL. Too bad :( 

Breakfast time!


I had some pancakes, a kaya bun, sticky rice (didn't eat), rice with curry, roti with curry and crossaint.

pancakes, kaya bun and crossaint gets 50 thumbs up LOL. sticky rice no. the curry was also gross. and the roti was also dense. LOL 

After breakfast, we went to the temple. 

When we came out of the back of the temple, there was a pond thingy with a waterfall and there was a bunch of turtles in there! LOL so cute.



There was also a stray chicken on the road...... LOL so tempted to ask someone if the chicken crossed the road HAHAHA I'm so lame :(




So after the turtles, on the side of the temple, there was the 12 zodiac statues. I obviously had to take numerous pictures with my ram.




I guess I am all of the above LOL!!

After the temple we went to Istana Negara.which is the residence of the King of Malaysia. Outside there are guards guarding it like they do in London!! LOL So COOL. obviously had to take a picture with them like I did with some guards in Europe last year LOL/



this guy is SO unimpressed LOL


AFTER THIS we dropped the nice camera SO ..... I wasn't in the mood to go to the other 2 places. So my parents took the pictures with the not so good camera. lol so from here on in, no more nice pics :(



a memorial thing for the soldiers that fought in the first and second world war as well as the Malaysia war.

Malaysia's national flower - hibiscus!

Malaysia government building

Afterwards we went to eat lunch. It was downstairs at the JW Marriott hotel. LOL unfortunately I didn't get the name of the restaurant (and it wasn't on the napkin like other places) 


delicious raspberry iced tea!

a sour soup (I think it was supposed to be spicy but it wasn't... or at least not to me!)

papaya salad with some shrimp crackers :D yummy!!! reminds me of that stuff I've had at Kerry's over NYs

chicken! :D I don't know what kind of sauce it was.. maybe soy or oyster? not sure. it was really good though!!

sweet and sour fish LOL :P because you know, we can't not have sweet and sour.

veggies

ma po tofu. so I did eat some of this because I actually like this dish LOL!

dessert.. SO GOOD. at first I thought it was just apple pieces and thought wtf then....

there's some lychee!! yum :D

Upstairs there were macarons and tea... and Chanel and LV stores etc. LOL!!! 


I didn't bother taking pictures of the stores cause they look like every other one I've seen thus far. The tea picture is pretty cool though! It had different tea names on there. I'm not sure if it's for decoration purposes only or if they actually sell tea from it.

We were then given free time so our groupie decided to take some taxis to Chinatown :)

mostly they sold fake handbags only. and watches and some souvenirs. I was hoping to get a cute bag like the ones we can buy from Forever 21 etc but nope... everything was just knock offs :(

chestnuts being cooked with some hot stones!! The pole in the middle rotates to keep the heat evenly distributed.

some bacon stuff. LOL from the street vendors. so good. so bad for you but so good LOL.

While we were waiting for our taxis to come back and pick us up, we were waiting outside a hotel called 5 elements and this was on their door. LOL seems like a common theme here :P 

We went back to the hotel to freshen up before going to eat dinner. The place was probably a 2 minute drive from our hotel. I honestly don't know why we took the tour bus when it was only 2 blocks away.. Anyways apparently it's a restaurant where people have their weddings at.


egg and shrimp and seaweed and veggies soup - very good!

sweet and sour pork :P 

bok choy! <3 my 2nd fave choi :D

tofu with some dong gua? not sure I didn't eat it

I don't know what kind of choy but  I didn't eat it cause I was eating bok choy :P

shrimp - not my thang

chicken - really good! the skin was super crispy :D

fish - also didn't eat

the honeydew was super sweet so I didn't bother with the rest of the fruits :P

After dinner my parents and I went to Cotton On! :D I've been dying to go since seeing some of XX's purchases from there. I bought a pair of high waisted shorts (FINALLY!) and a sleeveless top. When we got back, my parents were supposed to go meet up with the others in their room. We're on floor 36, 3 of the other fams were on floor 35 and one was on 43 however everyone was together except for us because I wanted to go shopping. Well apparently we can't get onto their floor because our key will only work for our floor and the general public floors. This means we would have to go down to floor 14 or 15 to meet up with them so we can go back up with their room key LOL. so mah fan, so we just stayed in our room and watched the Olympics. Then I showered and went to bed (after I finished post 13 LOL)

So really I'm typing day 14 on day 15. :P haha I actually got 3 damn mosquito bites!! GRR All in the same spot... in a triangle shape :( so ugly. On my last night too!! haha what are the chances. LINK TO PIC

Anyhow that is all for day 14

Thank you for reading!












No comments:

Post a Comment