Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 13

Day 13 now! :) Time is flying by!! Phew. It's technically day 14 as I'm typing this because I thought I would be able to type about 13 yesterday, however, the other days took a while to upload the pics! It's so hard to do one whole day at once :P Usually with my other posts, I would write after breakfast, after lunch and after dinner so it would be prepared to be published before I sleep! hahaha but yeah  , damn hassle!

Anyhow, this is day 13.

It was another breakfast buffet but it wasn't that great. The meat thing was weird. I had a sweet potato ball but it wasn't good (kinda cold). The noodles were good. The curry was gross... LOL and the crossaint was good :)


We went to some Indian place that was trying to sell us toothpaste powder, peanuts, some hair growth product and some other stuff.. LOL I was SO confused because it looked like a restaurant and I thought we were eating lunch LOL Anyways we were given some milk tea and samples of peanuts. We ended up buying some peanuts and my aunt bought one bottle of the toothpaste powder lol.

yum yum yum. so good :) reminds me of HK milk tea but a bit sweeter.

salty and crunchy! SO GOOD.

Then we went to the batu caves. Here's the Hindu diety in the front of the cave.
So to get to the top you gotta climb the 200+ steps. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. especially since I haven't done much physical activity other than walking the last couple of weeks LOL. It wasn't too bad thank god! but the humidity made it a lot worse than it should've been :P There were a bunch of monkeys around there too LOL It was fun trying to take pictures of them as I was going up!





At the top of the caves, there's an opening and it's so pretty!

looks so magical :P

Afterwards we went to eat lunch (real lunch :P) at Emperor Garden.


soup! I think it was pretty good lol! I can't remember now :( all the soups taste the same LOL

mushroom and bean curd skin - I like them mushrooms :D

pork with some cucumbers. it was good too :D

chicken - DRY :( wtf man LOL

delicious deep fried fish in a soy sauce. :D I ate a lot of this... like 2 bowls of rice with it LOL

ong choi - SO GOOD. ate like 3 bowls of this hahahah

sweet and sour squid :P - meh 
After lunch we headed to the twin towers......... but like we didn't even get close. We were like at least 2 blocks away LMAO.


*HAVE TO EDIT BECAUSE I FORGOT SOMETHING*
So we also went to a chocolate place that sells durian chocolate, green tea chocolate etc. We bought 10 boxes of durian chocolate (buy 4 get 1 free), 2 bags of coconut chocolate and 1 bag of sesame and 1 bag of green tea. It cost us a LOT of money LOL but I geuss the bags of chocolate were all 900 grams and the durian chocolate I don't think you can get outside of there. Since we spent so much we were eligible to get 2 free reusable bags LOL and a chocolate monkey thing.. LOL It's like an orangutan shape plastic thing with chocolate inside molded to the shape. Apparently it's reusable so you can fill it with melted chocolate, swish it around and let it set into the shape. The funniest thing of the trip was this....... now you guys know I don't understand a word of Vietnamese and obviously at different places in the world, people have accents. So the chick there was explaining to us about the chocolates they have. The thing is she first said "sawadika" to us so I was like "what why is she speaking thai" but I thought to myself maybe she's Thai and like just wanted to greet us in her language. And then she started explaining the stuff. It *sort of* sounded Viet with a Malay accent etc.and then I looked around at the rest of my tour peeps and they looked confused LOL. Then one of them said to me " do you know what she's saying " HAHAHAHA. I was like "omg." so I said to her " um  we're not Thai......" ahhahaha and she was like "what really" and everyone's like "yeah.." hahaha. It was pretty funny. I thought it was weird that she spoke Thai to us and then we knew why LOL.

We then went to the mall. Surla? LOL I don't know. 



red velvet macaron!

pretty good IMO :) it had a chocolate filling, kinda wished it were cream cheese :P or a chocolate cream cheese... yum

LOL he's in an ad! heheheeh I always forget how Asian superstars are obviously the face for many brands like how Hollywood ones are but I guess I don't see them often enough :P

AUNTIE ANNES LOL. I've never had one before and I don't see myself going to Vegas anytime soon so.. :)

PRETZEL DOG.

Story time: SO.... I went to get a regular pretzel dog cause I wasn't really feeling cheese (for once) and they didn't have any left and said to come back in about 30 mins. After walking around for maybe 20 mins, I decided that yes I did want it with cheese since I didn't want to wait. The line up was SO damn long and the workers were taking their sweet-ass time... there were about 10 pretzel dogs in the display and I watched it slowly dwindle down to 0 when it got to the lady in front of me. THANK GOD THEY HAD FRESH ONES THAT JUST CAME OUT LOL. I was seriously freaking out thinking I waited in line for 20 mins only to have no pretzel dog!! I lucked out & got a fresh one too :) hehe. Anyways it definitely wasn't what I expected but still really good nonetheless.


I ended up buying some stuff from Zara :P HAHA I know how unoriginal. Got a tiger head tank top & their neon green shorts for about $35 :) After we went to eat some dinner.

We went to a place called Sakura Cafe.

some sort of shellfish. It was okay. lol. that's all I remember about it

ong choi - YES PLEASE. seriously, we've been getting this so much that I feel spoiled :P cept it's not good for women :(

green beans :P they were okay

egg and onion ... hahah

I honestly don't remember what this soup was like at all so.. 


this was a hot and sour soup with fish and okra. I didn't really like it much, it was way too sour for me :P

chicken curry. This was a good curry (compared to others I've had) it was a bit spicy though

'
fruits! :) papaya, watermelon & honeydew. for some reason the papaya's here aren't sweet at all.. in fact they're almost tasteless =\

Our hotel was the Berjaya Times Square Hotel! It's SO nice inside. I was floored by the room.








Glad we get two nights here :)

We (us 4, US couple, France couple&daughter, Canada couple & Viet grandma/grandpa/granddaughters) went out for some street food! We had to call cabs (obviously) but it's SO COOL how they do it here!!! You gotta go buy the tickets for the taxi and then you hand it to your driver and off you go!

Such a great system! that way drivers will take the quickest way so they can get more money (by spending less on gas) We were walking around the BB plaza area and had some durian on the street. I think in total we all split 3 or 4.










GOOD TIMES! I don't know the names of the dishes because I didn't order them. The only one I  did was the styrofoam plate, the rojak LOL. It was good and good times!!! :) I'm going to miss the nights of going out to eat and drink beer LOL.

That is all for day 13!!!

Have a good day  / night ladies & gents and thank you again for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment