Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 17

Hello!

So today woke up and watched some GOT then went to eat some lunch.

fish soup, that chicken foot, thit kho, suon and some other type of fish LOL. watermelon.

I, of course, only ate the suon and thit kho cause ... I was so fed up with eating fish LOL. The thit kho is very different from the way my mom makes it at home. It's slightly sweet and sticky... kind of like bbq pork but the taste is very much the same. I really like the way they make it :P Also the suon was good but a little bit salty. My mom said she bought the seasoning for it so maybe she'll make it with less when we get home. Watermelon is soooo sweet and good. and I usually don't like watermelon :P

After this I went on the internet and watched GOT then napped because I'm SICK :( :( :( So I guess my parents had durian and cherimoya.



My dad said the cherimoya was 4 for $1 lol! and my mom said it was really sweet with a small amount of seeds.

Anyways... for dinner we went to eat at Hua Su in Can Tho which is about half an hour away from my grandmas house. I think I came here once but I don't really remember lol. Basically it has 58 huts where you sit and eat on the water. lol 





our hut was number 29


shrimp and pork coconut salad

It actually wasn't the sweet coconut flesh found inside the coconut seed but it is rather the top of the trunk of the coconut tree! It was really crunchy and refreshing. It was mixed with nuoc mam, mint leaves, carrots, onions and cilantro. There might've been some other stuff but I can't remember them all.

soda chanh

some snails with garlic and butter I think

salty fish fried rice :D haha my fave!

beef satay HK style. I'm not sure what that entails but it was a bit spicy but good!!

tempura frog legs :P HAHA

a hot pot of sorts. I couldn't take a pic of the meats and veggies that went in cause the server put it all in for us =[

noodles to eat with our meats

so in my bowl I had some button mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, chanterelles, squid, shrimp. YUMMY


So in total, our meal, which was that one hot pot thing, 2 of every dish except for the fried rice, 2 soda chanh, 7 cans of pop, came to $50 CAD. hahah ! so worth it :D

anyways during the meal I got 4 mosquito bites. 3 on my left leg and 1 on my right. :( They swelled up really big quickly without me scratching it... so lames.They were painful too!!

That's all for day 17 : ) Day 18 should be pretty dull but 19 - 23 should be good because we're going to a resort :)

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment