Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 22

Hello! :) Day before I leave to come home.

I woke up and had some com suon.


I then went to lounge in my bed LOL and then I went to go get my hair washed again :D YAY! hahaha Especially after going into the salt water at Phu Quoc, I thought my hair really needed some TLC. BTW , I seriously think my hair has grown a lot longer since I've been here :D WOOHOO!

Then we came home and ate some lunch.

gai lan with shrimp, minced pork balls and vietnamese celery and tofu soup, salted crispy fish and pork with eggs. in the baggie, we had some banh khot. It was alright haha 

mom got some nuoc mia (sugar cane)

Sting Strawberry

I always see this on the streets and people ordering it but I never ordered it because I've never heard of "Sting" before and I was afraid it would taste disgusting (like cough syrup). Today I decided to get it because  I probably will not have the chance to again for a while so YEAH. It's actually an energy drink...LOL and my dad said people have died from drinking it , but meh that's like every energy drink out there! It was really good :D It didn't taste like cough syrup, it was like strawberry juice :P 


SO my dad works with machines like fax machines and printers and such so he uses some puffer thing to clean certain parts and what not. ANYWAYS he found this huge one in the house LOL so he just had to take a picture of it. There's his hand for a size comparison. lmao

THIS was the ice cream I talked about in a post somewhere before the wedding.. LOL My cousin bought a bunch for me!! :D too bad it's all smushed together in a cup. but SO GOOD.


Finally we went out to eat dinner! It's a new place that just opened a few days ago. Just up the road from my grandma's house.

should've taken a pic of the name when we arrived instead of when we were leaving... lol
the beans we gotta pay for as well as the wet naps but the other plate there is free. we didn't actually eat the beans but were charged for it so we argued with them and they just gave us 2 bags to take home haha
In that third plate, it's pickled olives and pickled trai coc (I can't find the English name for it).  I hate olives but this was taking the disgusting taste to a whole new level.. :P the other stuff was so good though; it had the crunchiness of an unripened mango!

fried rice! it was alright, nothing special about it.

spring rolls with a mayo sauce. I liked the spring rolls too bad I couldn't determine what was inside it ahhaha 

so my grandma is like a little kid sometimes :P she won't eat onions so she picked them out! that used to be me as a kid but now I don't mind eating onions :P

MANY flies were flying around and our area was the one spot that didn't have a fan attached to the pole. so instead they put one on the floor for us, but that didn't deter the flies so we propped it up on a chair LOL

seafood on top of a bon bon salad. LOL I can't seem to find out what bon bon is!!! Google you have failed me :( anyways, all I found out about it is that it's similar to bamboo which I agree with because that's what I thought it was! I didn't like the taste... it tasted like the smell of canned bamboo shoots. blech. the seafood was great though.

my dad and I were on a mission to kill flies because THAT's how many there were. We ended up only killing 3 altogether; 2 for my dad, 1 for me. Seriously, there's nothing more satisfying than killing a fly because they are so damn hard to kill!

a mystery dish arrived at the table 

and once you opened it up... seafood with mushrooms & the tofu that tastes like egg!! SO GOOD. I could eat this all day.. lol!! 

banana flower (the non-green one) and some type of herb called rau nhut

canh cua. hot and sour soup. this was not even sour.. LOL honestly it tasted sweet to me, but my relatives all thought it was sweet!! wth 

this was the aftermath of us putting in the banana flowers and herb

I didn't know that there was actually EEL in this soup and one of the persons came and threw something in and I saw it swim in the hot water LOL so I asked my mom and she said that they forgot to put the tail portion into the soup. Since it was still alive that's why it was moving.

this is the eel head


seafood noodles! this was really good too :D

In total, our bill came to about $25. which includes 6 wet naps, 7 cans of pop, 2 bottles of water and the food!

Then we came home and I ate more of that ice cream LOL.

That is all for day 22!

Thank you for reading ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment